Fully funded training for Red Seal certification is delivered to unemployed immigrants, youth and other individuals, case-managed by WorkBC. Upto $300 per week living support along with other benefits such as daycare, transportation, books & supplies etc are provided to the participants.
Candidate must meet any of the following criteria:
- Established a claim for Employment Insurance(EI) benefits
- Had an EI benefit period that ended within the previous 60 months
- Have earned more than $2,000 in EI earnings and paid employee EI premium on those earnings in 5 of the last 10 years
- Is a British Columbia Employement and Assistance Client
Note : Candiate must be referred by a WorkBC Centre with an Action Plan
Carpenters construct, renovate and repair residential, civil, institutional, commercial and industrial structures made of wood, steel, concrete and other materials. They can work for a wide array of employers, including new home builders and renovation firms, construction firms, building owners, property managers and tenants, building developers and government departments.
Carpentry Red Seal PBLMT Fully Funded Program
This Red Seal Refresher Course help to prepare Carpenters to write the Interprovincial (IP)/ Certificate of Qualification (TQ) Examination. Information pertaining to the eligibility requirements for writing the IP/TQ exam must be obtained from the Local Apprenticeship Board.
This training includes:
- 1 week of Red Seal Occupational Standard (RSOS), Language and essential skills
- 8 weeks of Red Seal upgrading training
- 1 week review
- 4 weeks of work experience with a carpentry employer/ contractor
- 1 week of job search and placement support follow-up