The Canada-Alberta Job Grant (CAJG) is a great way for employers to support and invest in their employees with training that meets current or future skill requirements.
The CAJG is employer-driven which means employers decide what training is required and make the application for funding on behalf of employees.
Employers can get up to two-thirds of training costs reimbursed to a maximum of $10,000 per trainee. Eligible training costs include:
- tuition fees
- mandatory student fees
- software and other required materials
- exam fees
For training to be eligible for CAJG funding, it must:
- be at least 21 hours in length and delivered by a third-party trainer
- be incremental in that it does not replace prior training investments or regular operational training
- be completed within 52 weeks of training program start date
- result in some sort of credential (record of completion, certificate, grade, etc.)
- start within six months after receiving approval
The location, method of delivery and structure of the eligible training is flexible. Training can be delivered online, on-site or in a classroom. It may be undertaken on either a part-time or full-time basis. Check out Canada-Alberta Job Grant for complete details.
Ace Trades and Technical Institute(ATTI) offers red seal upgrading refresher courses (In-Class/BigBlueButton/Online Video Training) eligible for CAJG funding. We also provide group training options for organizations. See a complete list for all the red seal programs.
Ace Trades and technical Institute can help
We can help recommend skill-based red seal training and assist with the CAJG application submission.
- Contact us at:
- 9486 120 St Unit 101-102, Surrey, BC V3V 4B9
- Monday to Saturday: 9 am – 6 pm
- Toll free:1-855-IP1Exam-1-855-471-3926