Fully funded training for Red Seal certification is delivered to unemployed immigrants, youth and other individuals, case-managed by WorkBC. Upto $300 per week living support along with other benefits such as daycare, transportation, books & supplies etc are provided to the participants.
Candidate must meet any of the following criteria:
- Established a claim for Employment Insurance(EI) benefits
- Had an EI benefit period that ended within the previous 60 months
- Have earned more than $2,000 in EI earnings and paid employee EI premium on those earnings in 5 of the last 10 years
- Is a British Columbia Employement and Assistance Client
Note : Candiate must be referred by a WorkBC Centre with an Action Plan
Electricians install, maintain, test, troubleshoot, service and repair electrical equipment and associated electrical controls. Their work includes equipment or components directly or indirectly exposed to electrical power such as motors, generators, pumps and lighting systems.
Electrical Red Seal PBLMT Fully Funded Program
Through community partnerships and the support of the government of British Columbia, has the privilege of providing 100% government-funded education to eligible applicants . These programs are market-driven, demand-oriented, and student-success focused. During each program, ACE Trades and Technical Institute provides Occupational Skills training to the participants. Essential skills training and employment support training is offered to the participants through one of our community partners.
This training includes:
- 1 week of Red Seal Occupational Standard (RSOS), Language and essential skills
- 8 weeks of Red Seal upgrading training
- 1 week review
- 4 weeks of work experience with an electrical employer/contractor
- 1 week of job search and placement support follow-up